Monday, December 17, 2012

Online vs offline


Has anyone ever watched this show catfish on MTV?

It's kind of weird in that you have people on this show develop relationships with these other people that they do not know for long periods of time, without seeing their photos or webcaming each other face to face. It's crazy because the first episode showed how this nursing student was talking to this would be model guy for over 6 months--come to find out she was really talking to a girl : / what is up with that. I've met people offline and for the most part have had okay to good experiences. I count myself lucky. I've talked to individuals online and on the phone to kind of feel them out. Afterwards if I feel that they check out then we would arrange to meet in a very public place to be on the safe side, just in case said person is psycho. I think partly because these people waited so long to meet up---some person waited 10 years on the tv show, will have some effect on what will happen in the future. If people are honest with themselves it will be a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment