Saturday, October 6, 2012

The first presidential debate

I'm still upset about this event that happened a couple of days ago. As you all well know on Wednesday October 3rd, 2012 Obama and Romney had their first presidential debate. I was so excited about this I actually went to a debate watch party in the city, and the one I attended actually had a guest, comptroller John Liu. Watching the debate I was a little surprised and bored. I know it's not in the Potus nature to be aggressive, but nonetheless I think he should of spoke up more. He was just very vague about everything. Even if he didn't agree with what Romney, he should have brought it to attention and made him answer for it. I don't know if that was part of the Potus strategy to wait and use all of the negative press Romney has had recently for a later debate; however, I think it would have been better if used for the first debate while it's still fresh on the public's mind. It was definitely a missed opportunity and hopefully this teaches him a lesson to not always play it safe. For the most part the Potus doesn't play it safe in regards to national security and other things, but he really " missed the ball " on this one.



This is how the debate should have went...


No comments:

Post a Comment